The Association of Fundraising Professionals Florida Caucus is seeking proposals for Educational presentations for the Planet Philanthropy 2018 Conference to be held in Fort Lauderdale, FL June 17-19, 2018 at the Westin FortLauderdale Beach and hosted by the Florida Caucus in partnership with the AFP BrowardChapter. Planet Philanthropy is the premiere educational opportunity for fundraising professionals in Florida. We areexpecting more than 400 fundraising professionals, non-profit leaders and board members to attend to earn through our thought- provoking plenary sessions, skill-building workshops, networking opportunities and exhibits.
The Education Programs will be organized into workshop sessions on June 18 and 19, divided among tracks based on target audience and the following subjects:
Major Gifts & Prospect Development
Communications & Social Media
Special Events & Marketing
Stewardship & Donor Relations
Trends in Philanthropy
Presentations will generally be limited to 75 minutes, although we will consider proposals for back-to-back sessions lasting 150 minutes. We will try to accommodate special requests for presentation times, but this may not always be possible. We are also seeking leaders for our affinity breakfast round tables. Please indicate your interest when completing the attached form.
All presenters will receive a complimentary single day registration for the day of the conference they are presenting. Presenters traveling from outside the State of Florida will receive a complimentary standard room at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach for one night (before or after the presentation based on preference). Presenters who live in Florida and are driving more than 250 miles may request a complimentary room. All requests will be considered and responded to by March 16, 2018.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your passion for fundraising and your expertise as seasoned professional with members and guests of AFP Florida. Collaborations for presentations are encouraged, especially between consultants and clients.
No products, services or publications can be sold or promoted during presentations. We have exhibit space available, if you are interested!
The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final. Applications from those with the CFRE, ACFRE or other related professional certifications and AFP members are especially encouraged.
Proposals are due FRIDAY, November 17, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.
A completed application form is REQUIRED and proposals will not be considered without them. Click here for the application: RFP Planet Philanthropy 2018
The requirements include:
* Two references familiar with the presenter's speaking skills and expertise, with contact information
* Please specify the demographics of the participants your session best applies to: number of full-time fundraising professionals; years of experience of the fundraisers; and the relevant fundraising strategies that align with your topic
* Title and description of the workshop (50 words maximum)
* Learning objectives for the workshop
* Teaching methods for the workshop (interactive formats are highly recommended)
* Brief description of handouts (all must be received in digital format in order to be included inthe Planet Philanthropy digital compilation of handouts)
* Electronic photo of presenter(s)in .jpeg format-300 dpi at final size of 3X5
Thank you. We look forward to receiving your proposals and to seeing you in Fort Lauderdale next June. For questions email AFPFlorida@yahoo.com.
Glenn Kaufhold and Jim DeChant
2018 Education Co-Chairs
AFP Broward Chapter
Debbie Levine, CFRE
2018 Conference Chair
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION: RFP Planet Philanthropy 2018